– Josie Millard
– Knitted Camouflage ‘Invisible Jumpers’ Book
– Knitted Camouflage, Exhibition in Casino, Ulm October-November 2019
– Knitted Camouflage, Stilts
– Knitted Camouflage, Cows
– Knitted Camouflage
– Knitted Camouflage, Fishing
– Knitted Camouflage, Teen
– Knitted Camouflage, Banana
– Knitted Camouflage, Viaduct
– Knitted Camouflage, Paris
– Knitted Camouflage, Cherryblossom
– Knitted Camouflage, Dog
– Knitted Camouflage, Tokyo
– Knitted Camouflage, Alice in Wonderland with Seth Global
– Knitted Camouflage, Beachy Head
– Knitted Camouflage, Elevator
– Knitted Camouflage, This side Up
– Knitted Camouflage, Sporty Girl
– Knitted Camouflage, Malik
– Knitted Camouflage, Twins
– Knitted Camouflage, Tea Time
– Knitted Camouflage, Popay
– Knitted Camouflage with DJ Fat Boy Slim
– Knitted Camouflage, Monsieur Chat
– ITV News - Interview with JOSEPH FORD
– Knitted Camouflage, Playing Rat & Cat
– Knitted Camouflage, Rock
– Knitted Camouflage, Deutsche Welle
– Interview on The Morning Show on the Seven Network, Australia
– BBC News Interview with JOSEPH FORD
Born in London in 1978, Joseph began taking pictures while he was doing his degree in French and Italian at the University of Cambridge and got his first break in 2004 with an advertising campaign for TBWA Paris.
Clients around the world choose Joseph to create advertising and editorial images and films. So far he has shot on location, in studio, from helicopters, boats and cranes, underwater and up mountains. If you have any new challenges, we'd love to hear from you. Joseph will come up with a creative solution.
His visual approach is creating concepts for strong unusual visuals. The best summary of what he does is storytelling with a side order of off-beat creativity'. Dynamite fishing? Check. Live butterflies flying out of people's mouths? Check. A railway line merging into a zipper? Check. A crocodile attacking Lacoste sneakers? Yup, that too.
One of his conceptual image creations is shooting diptychs which he shot over the last years for numerous brands including Pepe Jeans, Hennessy, Lacoste and Missoni.
Joseph does a lot of his own retouching and he also has excellent relationships with several post-production houses, both in the UK and abroad.
He regularly works with a team of stylists, hair/makeup artists, casting directors, location finders, animal handlers and production managers, and can source people to coordinate all elements of a shoot.
Joseph spent several years living in Paris and his French is fluent. When I made him speak German once, he spoke with a french accent, which is hilarious. still works regularly in Paris for French and international clients, so he is comfortable organising productions in France and elsewhere on the continent.
When he is not shooting and travelling, he is based in London and spends most of his free time thinking up more ideas to turn into images.
Hoxton Mini Press has just published a book of his Knitted Camouflage pictures. Click here to order.
The meticulously-knitted sweaters are carefully composed and documented to seemingly disappear into their surroundings.
Creative blogs that write about him
Winner of Gosee Award 2019, AOP Photographers Awards, Luerzer's Archive 200 best ad photographers, PDN Annual, IPA Cristal, One Eyeland, Epica, Eurobest, Applied Arts, 125 Live
Air Canada, American Express, Astrazeneca, Beachcomber Hotels, BNP
Paribas, Caisse d'Epargne, Decathlon, DFT, Disney, Drinkaware, Geberit, Hewlett
Packard, Hennessy, Huawei, Lacoste, Mastercard, Mazda, McDonalds,
Missoni, O2, Pepe Jeans, Renault, Shell, SNCF, Visa, Vodafone
AMV BBDO, Altmann + Pacreau, BBDO Berlin, BDDP & Fils, BETC, CLM BBDO, DDB Paris, Euro RSCG, Iris Worldwide, JWT London, Leo Burnett London, Lowe Paris, McCann Paris, Ogilvy CommonHealth, Publicis Conseil, Publicis Dialog, Redwood, Saatchi & Saatchi Paris, TBWA Paris, TBWA Corporate, Young & Rubicam Paris